Sunday, August 14, 2011

vintage sewing box//re-styled.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I bought this box for $2 at a thrift store. The inside was beat up and stained, but the outside was completely clean with no dents, marks, etc. so I figured I have enough fabric scraps in the house to fix it up.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
I actually used some left over vinyl and for the most part it worked good, but getting the corners perfectly round was a little tricky, and I had to be careful that the hot glue didn't burn through the vinyl. I used a velvet mustard yellow ribbon for the edges for a more clean look. Pretty good for my first time!

well, its another long, loooong week at work for me. We are incredibly short staffed which means everyone is getting 40+ hours. I wont be complaining when my paycheck comes though :) Have a great day!
xoxo,
-Meggs

1 comment:

  1. This looks TONNES better :o Lovely job <3

    ReplyDelete