Thursday, April 7, 2011

I heart handmade.

Last night I got a little crafty and decided to use this vintage fabric I picked up from a thrift store while Lover face and I were in Portland and attempt to make a cowl. I am pretty happy with how it turned out but since the actual length of the fabric was a little short I had to sew 2 pieces together in order to get the right length which means I have 2 seams...but if I wear the cowl a certain way you cant see both of the seams :)
PhotobucketPhotobucket

What do you think?
I went to Joannes to find more fabric, I got this plaid flannel like material. Super soft and comfy, perfect for another one. Didnt do a whole lot today, had work until after 4pm came home took a little nap and than lover face and I stopped by the Blockbuster that is closing down near our place and bought about 10 different DVDs for $2 each! Score! Also stopped by the borders that is closing down too, picked up a few things. Sucks all these places are shutting down, but at least they still have online shops, right?

Have a great night! Lover face and I are going watching "A Serious Man" and ill probably fall asleep, haha.
xoxo,
-Meggs

1 comment:

  1. I think this is super cute!
    I love love love the fabric!
    Great work :)

    ReplyDelete