Wednesday, December 8, 2010

DIY: Felt envelopes for gifts!

Spice up your presents with some felt! You can really make these your own and alter them to your color scheme of choice.

I love these, they can be re-used again and again :)

What you need:
1. different color felt
2. scissors
3. sewing machine
4. ribbon, buttons, sequence, etc.

Step 1:
Fold and cut your fabric to your desired size and shape you want your envelope to be. Than sew along the edges. I used a zig-zag stitch to add decoration but a normal stitch is fine too. Stitch along all sides. For my blue envelope I stitched a pattern on the front side before stitching all sides together.



Step 2:
After you sew your envelopes, you could add a button for closure. I just stitched my button onto the top fold of my envelope and used self-adhesive velcro to keep it closed.


After adding your gadgets, make it cute by tying some nice ribbon around them. And wah-lah you are done!

I made a few other different shaped envelopes. You can really get creative here!


Well only 2 more days and I am once again off to New York City :) I cant wait. Ice skating in NY will be epic. I am just a little jealous because the 2 friends I am meeting over there left today.


Have a great weds!

2 comments: